Henri Alexandre Junod, born May 17, 1863 in St Martin (near Neuchâtel), Switzerland, died in Geneva April 22, 1934. He is buried in Rikatla, Mozambique (today the village of Elias on the former station of Rikatla), where he spent many years as a missionary-ethnographer.
He married on March 18, 1889 in Couvet (near Neuchâtel), Switzerland, Emilie Julie born Biolley. Following the death of Emilie on 10 July 1901 in Shilouvane, Transvaal (near Tzaneen), South Africa, Henri Alexandre remarried on 15 March 1904 in Zurich with Sophie Hélène née Kern.
The sources of information concerning this branch come mainly from:
- Ancestors : marital status of Lignières and State Archives Neuchâtel
- Descendancy: marital status of Lignières, State Archives Neuchâtel and members of the family
While the descendants of Henri Alexandre's first marriage settled in the Pretoria (Tschwane) region, those of the second marriage stayed and settled (for the most part) in Switzerland.
- Biography of Henri Alexandre Junod
- On line book "Henri-A. Junod, Missionnaire et savant" (by Philippe Henri (Henri Philippe) ed. 1934).
- TV program by TSR of 8th mars 2009